Community Education and Public Speaking
We are passionate about education! And we want to help our community face the inevitable with grace and laughter, through seminars, informal talks, and individual planning sessions that help us live our lives to the fullest by solidifying our wishes for the ends of our lives.
Possible topics may include:
- Do I Have to Be Embalmed?
- Natural Options at the End of Life
- What the Heck is an End-of-Life Doula?
- Children’s / Teen / Young Adult Grief
- How to Help a Grieving Friend
- Why Have a Home Funeral?
- Obituary Writing 101
- Taking Control and Living Fully At the End of Life
- Living Will, Health Care Directive, and Next-of-Kin Basics
- How to Avoid Getting Deadnamed at Your Funeral: A Primer for Trans Communities
As passionate educators, we would be delighted to share our knowledge with your group. Whether you are a hospice organization looking for a different kind of CEUs, a group of co-op members exploring natural disposition options, or a Kiwanis club interested in shaking up your breakfast meeting, we’re game!
We are committed to providing education to underserved communities to help reduce racial and cultural disparities in care at the end of life. We will donate an hour of personalized education or training to underrepresented and/or BIPOC communities for each hour of public speaking we are paid for.